Clean sweep reload, win 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnH

Hello all.

What I want to do is start again from scratch. (Re 2nd hand PC)

So I did a clean sweep re-install of Windows 2000, but found that alot of the extra programs that I had loaded previously are still there.

Can you give me some direction on how to start from scratch so to speak?

Thanks, John

Yes you will have to go through and delete all the current partitions and then format them as NTFS and insatll the OS

OK, thanks you are going to have to walk me thru this one, KISS I am pretty thick.

When I did the reload I chose everthing that suggested a new copy to be installed and deleting the old stuff, But I left the partitions as they were. C.NTFS, 7876mb. So, I should do this again and choose delete the partitions. Can I just follow prompts from here or do I need to know stuff.

Also some advice please. Considering that the computer is working OK at the moment and I am a relative novice, is this something I should be tackling. What I mean is, what is the likleyhood of additional problems? (I guess I am really only doing it to tidy up, as the hard drive is not even half full)

It did take me quite a while to get the graphics and sound going after the first reload, but I have the drivers now.

Cheers, any directions greatly appreciated.

Regards John

Thanks Guys,

Call me chicken, but I am going to leave well enough alone for now.

Sure am glad I asked the questions and thankyou for providing the answers.

Warm regards, John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back