Cleaning a dvd drive without opening it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genome852

How would you clean the insides of a dvd-drive without being able to open the cover(not talking about the tray..)

My xbox360 has a broken dvd drive .. it can't read media anymore. I don't want to open it up because it'll void my warranty. I'm just trying to see if I can fix it before the UPS guys arrive and I send it in for repairs.

If its not reading a disc, chances are pretty good that it need to be replaced! Besides it is under warranty, why you worried about fixing it yourself?

halo71 said:
If its not reading a disc, chances are pretty good that it need to be replaced! Besides it is under warranty, why you worried about fixing it yourself?

Because Microsoft doesn't repair the console.. they just send back a refurbished one.

But I guess I'll wait... since they've recently started secretly putting in new water cooling systems for the refurbished consoles being sent back.

Well try one of the cleaner disc that Tedster recommended. They are cheap, can't hurt to try. But I would bet it won't help.

If you're lucky, you might just get one of the models with the new second GPU heatsink they were gonna install according to that item on the TS frontpage.

Great! I recieve the empty box to put my broken 360 in... it has the sealing tape, instructions, and foam to hold the xbox in place... but NO RETURN LABEL!

Now I have to wait another 3 days before they can send me another box.

I'm gonna try a disk cleaner.. any idea where I could get one? Apart from ordering them online.

Best Buy, Circuit City, local computer shop, just about anywhere that sells Cd's and DVD's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back