Cleaning Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finchy

After months of freezes due to dust in the Graphics card fan, I have decided to open up the case every few months the give it a clean, however I know little about the subject, and many opinions that I've come across to use seem to contradict one another.

Does anyone have any info on methods of PC cleaning?

I took an air gun to mine once, with 50 pounds of pressure. But my whole case was filled and i just got lazy. But if your cleaning a heatsink, then just take it off your video card and buy a can of that dust remover and wipe it off with a couple of paper towels. I dont know, thats what I always did.

Finchy said:
After months of freezes due to dust in the Graphics card fan, I have decided to open up the case every few months the give it a clean, however I know little about the subject, and many opinions that I've come across to use seem to contradict one another.

Does anyone have any info on methods of PC cleaning?

Take a look HERE Finchy.

Regards Howard :) :)

Thanks a lot Howard :grinthumb

Thats got every piece of info I could ever need, I'll try and buy a USB Vacuum so I can clean inside and out, do you know any good ones? :confused:

Thanks again :D

The only problem with a usb vacuum cleaner is, you would need to have your computer switched on during cleaning. That`s fine for cleaning the keyboard etc, but not for cleaning inside the case.

Regards Howard :cool:

So...I'll have to get a battery powered one
Does anyone know any good brands/models.

Thanks again for the help Howard :grinthumb

I'd use that to, but with a mini vacuum, I can clean the PC inside-out, the desk and the keyboard with one tool!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back