Clear Bios Works Set Bios dont

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sev

OK soo i have my Phenom 9600BE on a XFX 750a with 4 gigs OCZ sli 800mhz
when i clear bios it boots right up, if i save bios the exact same as cleared it doesnt run doesnt even make it to bios and sticks with SP on the mobo error thing
also i cracked off a corner peice of the cpu slot removing my old CPU..still runs and detects fine.. doesnt over heat.. when ever i reset bios and use the HDD selection boot thing it gets to windows detected all 4 cores and now im just confused im using bios 1.4 since 1.5 disables sli and just adds support for Phenom II cpus..Any ideas anyone?

and about that cracked plastic ( i dont know how lol) but it just came right off with the CPU im guessing overheat cool overheat weakened it maybe?

Please follow the forum guidelines for making useful posts: Posting guidelines

I have seen cases where your problem was fixed by disconnecting the CMOS battery for approzimately 10 minutes. How are you clearing the BIOS? Sometimes the jumper method doesn't work too great.

The plastic on typical CPU sockets can take a considerable amount of heat (for plastic). The most common way sockets are damaged are by removing the CPU incorrectly or using a tool to pry it out. Of course, I wouldn't put it past XFX to skimp on materials. Check the CPU for bent or skewed pins, if you haven't done so already.

Observe the forum guidelines so you can be helped.

Please follow the forum guidelines for making useful posts: Posting guidelines

I have seen cases where your problem was fixed by disconnecting the CMOS battery for approzimately 10 minutes. How are you clearing the BIOS? Sometimes the jumper method doesn't work too great.

The plastic on typical CPU sockets can take a considerable amount of heat (for plastic). The most common way sockets are damaged are by removing the CPU incorrectly or using a tool to pry it out. Of course, I wouldn't put it past XFX to skimp on materials. Check the CPU for bent or skewed pins, if you haven't done so already.

Observe the forum guidelines so you can be helped.

im using the cmos button on the mobo, and i keep getting the d5 error and so far what ive heard from other forums that means dead, and or cpu isnt set right but that doesnt make any sence because im on it right now, i didnt set the bios and just continued and it works but no sli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back