Click & convert /video to DVD, sound problem!

hi,
I have just bought click & convert, to transfer my old videos to dvd, I can't get any sound on them, would be really grateful for any help as I am going mad trying to sort it!! also the quality of the dvd is awful, am I doing something wrong or is it just rubbish anyway..
many thanks in advance for any ideas, I am using samsung R510 with vista

What format are your old videos in? I've not heard of the software you bought, and a quick google search didn't come up with anything.

Oh fess up, you just didn't want to bother going through the four million, three hundred thousand hits this phrase generated, "click & convert video to DVD". (just kidding)

@Kazzer, are these old videos VHS by any chance?

There is a Click to Convert but that one is for converting documents not videos.

What are you using to capture the video? I'm pretty sure that you don't have a VCR in your desktop tower. Did you patch the sound across? (I had to ask).

hi,
sorry, what does"patch the soud accross" mean???
I am using a samsung video recorder in which I am playing my video through, which is conected to my laptop with the convertor cable ..I have installed the driver and software from the disc, that's running ok,
I can transfer the video to dvd ,but it has no sound,
sorry if i'm not explaining myself very well.

OK, you've sort of stumped me here also. In any VHS video conversion strategy I've ever seen, a capture card is required. In some cases a TV tuner card allows video input via composite or S-Video. The sound is "patched in" on the same card in a separate 3.5 mm mini jack. Now, a hardware based MP2 "encoder" is required to save the video and sound to a format that can eventually be burned to DVD. In the case of the tuner it's proprietary software takes care of saving the files.

My personal solution to converting VHS to DVD, (or DVD to DVD without commercials) involves a stand alone DVD-Recorder, Then in DVD-Video format,(RW type discs) the files are passed off to "Nero Recode" for editing, compression, and burning. My way is easy, but does require the luxury of the standalone DVD-Recorder I mentioned earlier.

I thinks there is something wrong with your choosed software, so you get no sound.
I am not sure what format of video you burned onto DVD.
But it does't matter.Firstly, you shoud choose a right video converter which can help you to convert your video file to MPEG workable on DVD burner.And then burn it via DVD burner, like Nero.

As for video converter, one i am using is Aunsoft Video Converter which is capable of converting among almost all video formats. Personnaly, it is quite a good program.

Hope it can help you.

Back