TechSpot

Cloak: A new 'anti-social' network that helps you avoid bumping into people

1. Want to avoid bumping into your ex, frenimy, or an annoying co-worker? Cloak might be the solution to your problem. It is a free iPhone app that grabs location check-ins from your contacts' Foursquare and Instagram accounts, and organizes them...

Read more

2. davislane1

davislane1 TS Evangelist Posts: 3,551   +2,353

"It is a free iPhone app that grabs location check-ins from your contacts' Foursquare and Instagram accounts, and organizes them into a user-friendly map."

So, basically, this is like a reverse stalking app?

"Brian Moore, the creator of the app, got the idea when he awkwardly bumped into his ex-girlfriend four separate times in six months."

Well, it's pretty clear who pulled the trigger on that relationship.

3. misor

misor TS Evangelist Posts: 1,163   +197

Lol, to avoid social network, don't use it. period.

why the awkwardness? did his gf dumped him in favor of greener/fatter pasture? :)

4. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,554   +2,897

OMG, why would I want an app tracking my every move? That's what it would take if you want it tracking someone else.

5. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,498   +2,049

"he awkwardly bumped into his ex-girlfriend four separate times in six months". He was probably stalking her and she caught him out so he quickly developed this app so he would know when she was sneaking up on him while he was busy loitering around outside her apartment. That's right Brian, sell to the Apple users, they don't mind coughing up.

6. Sounds good

7. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

Lmao

8. Railman

Railman TS Booster Posts: 708   +101

Would not work for people avoiding me as I don't signup to social networking sites!

dennis777 likes this.
  9. wastedkill

wastedkill TS Evangelist Posts: 1,392   +329

I find this the best way to keep up with my prey IF YA GET WHAT I MEAN! hahaha