Cloning (ghosting) of a harddrive

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an older ATA hdd (20 gigs) which has reached its capacity (376 MB of free space) and have purchased a new drive (250 gigs). I would like to make the new drive as my C drive and the old drive (20 gig) as a slave (strictly for backups). I've tried using Norton Ghost 12.0 to clone and it's failing in the very last bit of completion.."Norton Ghost couldn't copy all the files" I have tried playing with the settings, with the same outcome. Any ideas to resolve this?? thanks.

are you trying to copy all your files over to the new drive?

personally i would install windows on the new drive then copy my files over, then format the 2nd drive

i've upgraded to a new hard drive a couple of times now and that's how i've done it :)

thanks

Daveskater said:
are you trying to copy all your files over to the new drive? Yes

personally i would install windows on the new drive then copy my files over, then format the 2nd drive

i've upgraded to a new hard drive a couple of times now and that's how i've done it :)

will try that method. thank you for the reply.

as for me...i don't like Ghost.
I've been using Acronis True Image for a long time with no problem.

hey there. Acronis is probably the best cloning program around. it costs about 42 USD if u buy it tho. doing it any other way is illegal and thus cannot be posted on this site lol....

Spyder_1386 :)

There is a shareware version (that allows up to 7 clones). I know, I used it in Iraq because I had forgotten to bring my bought version over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back