Close one eye and your games will actually look 3D!

Envergure

Yesterday my left eye was bugging me, so I closed it for a while. I discovered the visuals in BF2 actually seemed to pop out of the screen!

I'm no expert, but I suspect this is because with one eye closed your brain can't figure out distances by triangulation, so it tries to fill in the blanks other ways.

It certainly didn't help my game much. The one eye sends far less information to your brain than two would, obviously, so I never noticed anyone else until they shot at me.

It may not work for everyone. Your brain may not be very good at filling in depth with only one image, and I suspect your monitor may also be a factor. I doubt it matters what game you're playing.

Anyway, just an observation. Try it! It works best with stuff that's closer up to you. I'm gonna go try it in some other games.

My left eye is messed up, so I usually just keep my right one opened so I experienced this alot :haha:

Actually, this stands true for photographs and movies too. They are captured using a single "eye" (lens) and looking at them with one eye can give you a much better impression.

's a good trick when taking shots yourself too. You get a much better idea how a scene would look on a photograph when you close one eye.

Back