Cloudsweeper asks: 'What is your Gmail account worth to attackers?'

By Jesse
Jun 27, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. We hear about people’s accounts being compromised all the time, and naturally make some assumptions about why an attacker would want to gain access in the first place. Now you can use a tool called Cloudsweeper to figure out just...

Read more
  2. Don't know if I should feel insulted or proud, mine came up as $0.00!!
  3. I bet it isn't smart enough to know my steam account that is tied to it with $1000s worth of games
  4. hahahanoobs

hahahanoobs TechSpot Booster Posts: 852   +84

I use email mainly for website registrations and bills for stuff I buy online. My spam folder gets more of a workout than my inbox.
  5. spydercanopus

spydercanopus TechSpot Guru Posts: 802   +87

If it didn't want access to all my email, I'd try it out. Sounds like a scam to even let it check when going through the permission approvals.
  6. trgz

trgz Newcomer, in training Posts: 31

It couldn't seem to access anything and moaned about giving it access & IMAP - seems it ain't that clever
  7. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,188   +511

I don't believe you. Give me your login details and let me make my own assessment.:D
    bielius likes this.
  8. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,188   +511

I couldn't agree more.
  9. PinothyJ

PinothyJ TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 429   +15

If I had gmail I might use this...
  10. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 10,003   +710

Hey, as long as I don't have to give the Cloudsweeper people my password to find out.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.