CMD Error - Not the message

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I recently acquired the Alcan worm virus :eek:

Anyways im not sure if I deleted it but since I got it my internet has been down and im not sure if they are linked. Anyways to get it back up and delete this worm I need to open the CMD to renew my IP...Im not sure what I did but I got rid of the normal error message that comes up when you open it BUT now it won't let my type in it urg. Everything is fine I can change properties etc but I can't type, nothing happens when I do type.

Any help is appreciated

Believe your system is still infected

Turn off system restore, reboot your system in safe mode by hitting F8 or F5 during Post, use disk cleanup or similar utility, perform a full system virus scan with updated antivirus program. scan with antispyware software as well.

If your antivirus program finds the worm! quarantine it rather than trying to delete it then delete it from quarantine later. if you still get the problem then windows has been damaged, as a first step run service pack 2 (this will repair a lot of system configuration problems caused by viruses, and will not remove your updates). if that does not work then perform a repair reinstall using your xp disk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back