Cmd.exe has been disabled by the administrator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bogbrush

Hey guys, i need some help.
I've installed Dawn of war and was patching it. It got to the fourth patch before stopping at a point during the patching (which is still up) and a window came up saying:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CMD.EXE
This command has been disabled by your administrator.
Press any key to continue...

When i copied and pasted "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CMD.EXE" into run, it said the same thing. I already closed it and tryed to run Dawn of War, but it doesn't load no matter how many times i tell it too. I reset the computer to see what happened but it still does the same.

Now the question is, how do i un-disable C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CMD.EXE? That might solve the problem. Help?

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Are you the system administrator? If not, you should speak to who ever is.

If you are the administrator, go and read this thread HERE, then post a HJT log as an attachment.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Yes, i am the system adminisitrator. Thank you for the link. But i am still confused.
Whats HJT log? I don't understand what that thread means.

Sorry, but i'm a complete n00b -_-

HJT is a small programme that will let me see if anything untoward is running on your system. This ranges from viruses/spyware/malware etc. It is also very good at ending certain processes that may stop you from doing something.

Once I have your HJT log, I may be able to find out what`s happened to your cmd.

Regards Howard :)

It`s ok, your HJT log is in the correct place.

Your system has several infections that need to be got rid of.

Go and read the Trojan Pakes and other nasties preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Don`t forget to rename HijackThis.exe to HijackThis1991.exe.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

This thread is for the use of Bogbrush only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

I have WINRAR as a file opener thing. How do i change the .exe on that?
Do I need to download all of those anti-virual software on that link?

Right, let`s do it the easy way.

Get rid of your current HJT. Download a new version from the link I gave you in my first post. Extract it and place it in it`s own directory such as C:\program files\HJT\HijackThis.exe

Right click on the HijackThis.exe file and choose rename. Click in the titlebox and rename HijackThis.exe to HijackThis1991.exe and press the enter key. Right click on HijackThis1991.exe again and choose send to desktop create shortcut.

Now follow the instructions in the link I gave you for the Trojan Pakes thread.

This thread is for the use of Bogbrush only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

I have an issue with the first of the four tools at this stage:
Double-click smitfraudfix.cmd

Its then brings up the window saying i cannot run it because the administrator has disabled it. I think it may be because its a .cmd file. I need help again.

That`s ok, just skip that tool for now and carry on with the rest of the instructions.

Ok, i'm just up to the scan with the anti-virus program.
While i was doing the other things i went on google and put in "enable command prompt" It brought up the following http://windowsxp.mvps.org/disablecmd.htm

I did the top method and it worked. Command prompt is working again. Was this a good idea?
I'm still going to follow the thread you linked to clear up the viruses anyway.

Yes that`s fine.

This's mybe due to a virus,try this :

- Make a new batch file Eg.'restore_cmd.bat', and put these lines
Code:
REG DELETE "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer" /va /f
REG DELETE "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System" /va /f
REG DELETE "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\" /va /f
- Save it.
- Run it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back