CMD.exe not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ardee

I keep typing in CMD in Run, but it says it is being used by another program....Please help!!!!!

I just used ProcXP, nothing seems to be using it, but I found different cmd.exe in my computer, that works. Thanks anyways!

There should be only one cmd.exe on your computer: the one in the system32 folder in the Windows directory. Anything else is malware. Also, that very same message about being in use is a sure indication of malware.

Nodsu said:
There should be only one cmd.exe on your computer: the one in the system32 folder in the Windows directory. Anything else is malware. Also, that very same message about being in use is a sure indication of malware.
It was in my i386 folder, I don't know what that is, but if it works, don't fix it, and thanks for the welcome, Howard!

Assuming that the i386 is the Windows installation dir copied from a CD, that's OK too.

"I don't know what that is, but if it works, don't fix it" is a very irresponsible approach when it comes to malware. Even if you don't give a damn about being spied on, your computer could be used for illegal activities like cyber attacks, sending spam or hosting illegal content.

Yeah, but I full scanned this thing on friday, and then I tried Run>CMD and it still won't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back