Cmos battery holder

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello, I am kinda new to computers anyways I was trying to reset my bios password by removing the battery and i broke the clip that holds the battery down any suggestions on how I can fix this.

What motherboard make and model is it?

Also, there is (free) software out there to reset/erase your BIOS-password. Just set up a Google search.

the board is a epox model number ep-58mvp3c-m the cmos battery is located under the video card. The holder has a single clip that held the battery in place.In the proccess of removing the battery I broke the clip, can the clip be soddered back in or any other suggestions.

Randy A

Can't see on the picture of that mobo on Epox's website what it looks like. You may be able to solder that clip back on if you are good with a soldering iron. You will need to scratch the chromium off before you solder, but I doubt it will hold, let alone be strong enough to hold the battery in place. Instead, look around for a plastic battery-holder with wires, that you could solder to the mobo where the battery was. If hard to find, look for a cheap digital clock in e.g. a car-accessory shop, these run on the same type of battery. With a little DIY you should get it up and running again.

a new battery holder will cost you about $2. Most electronics component suppliers sell them, If you can't solder, it will cost you about $30 to get a repair shop to fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back