CMOS checksum error + grinding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,

I just installed a new Diablo Expansion Slot 80mm LED Case Fan for my video card. I connected it parallel to the 4 pin But obviously I did something very bad - when I started my PC there was a high-spinning noise and then a black screen came up with the following:

VERSION ULB 408H
MAIN PROCESSOR: AMD ATHLON(TM) XP2000+
MEMORY TESTING 786432K OK.
BIOS GUARDIAN(R) ENABLED.
YOU WILL NEED TO DISABLE BIOSGARDIAN TO UPDATE
<CTRL+C> TO ENTER CLOCK SETTINGS SUB MENU
<CTRL+P> TO LOAD PERFORMANCE DEFAULT SETTINGS AND RESTART
<CTRL+F> TOLOAD FAIL-SAFEDEFAULT SETTINGS AND RESTART

CMOS CHECKSUM ERROR - DEFAULTS LOADED

PRES F1TO CONTINUE, DEL TO ENTER SETUP.

So here is what I've done so far:

1.So I switched PC off and removed the fan but it didn't help at all. The noise is actually increasing and that same black screen comes up. I guess I fried something in the system(hopefully not).

2. Originally I thought the grinding was coming from the hard drive.So I disconnected it both from the PSU and the MOBO, then powered back on and found out that the noise is coming from my Video card's fan.

3.Took the video card out, cleaned the fan, and then placed in back into the slot.

4. Connected back the HD and plugged the monitor on.

5. Powered the system back on and it came into the BIOS setup mode, telling me that there is a NEW Hard drive and I have to enter setup mode. What should I do now? I'm afraid that all thee data on the HD will be lost. I started to freak out!!!I've never done this before.

6. I can still hear the grinding from the video card fan. I don't know if it is about to die or what?!!

I am really stuck here. Any suggestions of what I should do?
Thanks in advance for any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back