CMOS checksum error!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know if its bad luck or what but the past 3 mother boards had problems and I had to send them all back. This is my 4th and now when ever I turn on the darn thing is comes up with "CMOS checksum error". This is really agrivating me I did a cmos reset with the jumpers, still didnt work. The mother board bios do reset (i think) but it still comes up with that error. The only time where I can skip that error is when I go into the bios and hit the "Load Fail-Safe Defaults" and "Load Optimized Defaults". But then still I will try to run xp and it just restarts at the xp loading screen. Can someone help me please I feel like throwing my machine off a cliff.
My set up is-

ABIT GD8 Socket T (LGA 775) Intel 915P ATX Intel Motherboard
Intel Pentium 4 630 Prescott 800MHz FSB 2MB L2 Cache LGA 775 EM64T Processor
Thermaltake TR2 W0070 ATX 430W Power Supply 115/230 V
Radeon X800GTO 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 VIVO PCI Express x16 Video Card

Do I need to update the BIOS maybe? Thats my only guess.

that should have been the first thing to do . now did you check the web site that built your board and does it have that cpu listed ?

same thing happened to me. what i did was
1. clear cmos
2. load defaults or a standard configuration in cmos.
3 format windows (your computer restarting or showing a blue screen instead of going into windows is usually points toward a prob in windows)

on the processor check the cpu temp in cmos. that processor fan has some probs. make sure its securely fitted onto your motherboard. make sure its tight. otherwise its gonna give u temp readings into the 80 and 90 in degrees celcius.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back