CMOS Failure 5 Beeps no POST

I have a Dell Insprion Desktop 537 that I got from work and it will not boot up. At first it would just power on and do nothing else. The power LED lights up, the CPU fan spins at a very high RPM. Then I unplugged everything from the motherboard (memory sticks, cd rom drive, hard drive, usb ports, video card) and only had power connected to the board. That's when the 5 beeps began. I found Dell's support page with the owner's manual pdf links to download Here but they don't work. I did find the manual on this website and states that 5 beeps is a Real Time Clock Failure and to replace the battery. I swapped out the CMOS battery with another known good battery from a second tower that runs just fine. Still the motherboard beeps 5 times. I have turned the battery to make sure the contacts are cleanly touching. There is no corrosion anywhere and no blown out capacitors. I have even removed and reseated the CPU. What else is there to do?

Motherboard: G41T-DM Rev. A00
Service Tag: 9N906J1
Regulatory model DCME and DCMF

Bummer! Maybe it's a cold joint. I've baked a few motherboards before due to these kinds of beeps and every time it turned back on like nothing happened. Thanks for your reply Tmagic650!

Back