CMOS not holding setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacal

When it turns on it says that CMOS memory size is wrong. I would then go into CMOS settings and set it to load best performance (it has two best performance and optimized performance), and then it would run fine.

The problem is though, if the computer is turned off for a long period of time, it forgets the setting i set and then the problem repairs that CMOS memory size is wrong.

Just would like to know how to fully solve this :confused:

How old is your CMOS battery? It sounds like if it is not holding a setting then it is time to replace it. However, before you do, make sure your write down all of your current BIOS settings!

Either the battery you have used is faulty, or possibly there`s a problem with the bios itself. If it`s the latter, then updating the bios may solve the problem.

Regards Howard :)

Alright i will try updating the bios setting, since the battery i put in was brand new.

Even brand new batteries can be faulty. It might be worth trying another new battery, before you resort to a bios update.

Regards Howard :)

I changed around the ram chip slot from slot 2 to slot 1 and reset the CMOS with the same new battery inside, it is working fine now :D thanks for the help guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back