Cmos Reset Expert

Status
Not open for further replies.

KaitenV

Cmos Reset Expert (No video)

I fear my new montherboard has turned me into a CMOS jumper moving expert.
  1. I get no video at all. The CRT monitor doesn't make that good noise it should when the PC powers on.
  2. It takes 20 seconds for the monitor to make the good noise. (when it makes it at all)
So, um, suggestions?

I go all my parts from newegg, and the specs are as follows.

EVGA 256-P2-N615-TX GeForce 7600GT 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail

A-DATA 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model ADQVE1A16K - Retail

Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 Conroe 1.86GHz LGA 775 Processor Model BX80557E6300 - Retail

MB ECS NFORCE 570 SLIT-A V5.1 775 - Retail

POWER SUPPLY CMAX500W CR-550B BKRT - Retail

CASE ANTEC|P180B BLACK RT - Retail

OK, first, forget about drivers and Deathhawk. If it doesn't work in BIOS, then you have hardware issues and drivers have nothing to do with anything.

Why are you the CMOS jumper moving expert? Does clearing the CMOS actually help?

Does the "good" noise happen when the machine is already booting into Windows? If yes, then that would be the display drivers loading and (re)initialising the video card.

What happens when you use the reset button? (If you have one?)

When I move the jumper it shows me content after I wait, rather than not at all. And unfortunately, I have Ubuntu 64-bit Linux installed. When did reset CMOS I saw content on the screen, it's at BIOs listing the hardware installed and asking for "DEL" or "F11" to either enter config or boot menu. However, now it does nothing for me. My motherboard is just full of fail, should I send it back for RMA?

I've yet to install any of the driver CDs I was given.

On top of that, it's a PCI-e x16 card, but the mother board is only x8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back