Cmos reset..

Status
Not open for further replies.
gud day to you all pc lovers out there..i hope u could help me in my problem...
my cmos resets by itself..i didnt do anything, remove the batery or short the jumper...the message during boot-up is "checksum error, cpu ration change fail?.." hope u guys who had the same problem with me, could share the solutions..thnx guys...and by the way, it autorestarts during playing warcraft III...thnx again guys..

even if the battery's dead, it shouldn't cause autorestarts during play.....

Weird. Maybe the motherboard's going? Need more information. Brand and model of mobo, CPU type and speed, GC, everything you can tell us about your comp.

cmos reset

yeah, i know its weird...even though i havnt change my cmos battery, i really dont think its the one whos faulty...coz its not every time i restarted my computer it resets...it resets by itself randomly in time...my mother board is ECS, CPU-Celeron 2.4D, VC- Inno3d geforce fx5200, ddr- pqi 512, PwerSuply- 300watts, dont know the brand.....i really hope to hear from u guys... its really a big help. thnkx and more power!

I still think you should replace the battery. You can get them 2 for $1 at the $1 store, its likely a 2032 but check the number on it to be sure.

checoy18 said:
by the way, it autorestarts during playing warcraft III...QUOTE]

That restart during play sounds like a possible overheating problem and not only the CPU, but also maybe a clogged up Power Supply Heatsink/cooler. I understand that the Warcraft series are very demanding games. I had the same problem and did not snap that it was the power supply;it finally melted some of the parts.

There are any number of reasons for cmos to re-set itself. Its a matter of diagnostics. Thats why i suggested getting a new battery as that is the first and cheapest thing in terms of cost and time to do. Plus it gets that issue out of the way.
You could also check the voltage on your battery, make sure its running at or near 3 volts, not below 2.85 anyway. Problem with that is you are checking the voltage with no load on it and when its in the mobo there is a load that can cause the voltage to drop further. Hence the advice to get a new battery. Get a 2-pack and have a spare. All for $1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back