CMOS settings

Hello everyone. I am a 38 yr old IT student and trying to do some research. I am looking for info on Video DAC Snoop. I need specific info about it, why it would be used and in the businees world what type of businesses would enable this setting. Any help would be great. I dont have access to a computer alot as far as surfing, but if its not a problem you could send and email about this to me: my email is doc33gordon@netzero.net

Thx urs truely the old but hope to be soon the all wise

From google ...

Video DAC Snoop
============
Controls how VGA and graphics devices on the PCI or AGP bus respond to palette register accesses.

On — forces VGA and graphics devices to snoop VGA palette register accesses and forward them to the ISA bus.
Off — (the default) forces VGA and graphics devices to respond positively to palette register accesses.

Seems like its only used to analyse graphics system for debugging purposes. Normally, you would not want this, hence OFF being the default.

My search only found this on a DELL system, so its not common (unless its the same as 'vga palette snoop'). It seems to be a facility that lets you examine what is happening with your graphics devices.

I do believe it is a common option.. Almost every system I've worked has this option.

It's pretty useless to the average user.

It's not the same as VGA palette snoop seemingly, Sharkyextreme offers the following;
Video DAC Snoop: This should only be enabled as a last resort if you are experiencing problems with your video card such as weird colors or blank/blinking screens." I do realise that's not specific info. however, nor is it covered at http://rojakpot.com so I'd presume it's a fairly old setting at that.

Back