CNN : Saudi police face deaths criticism

Arris

From CNN world news:
The al-Eqtisadiah daily said firemen scuffled with members of the religious police, also known as "mutaween," after they tried to keep the girls inside the burning building because they did not wear head scarves and abayas (black robes) as required by the kingdom's strict interpretation of Islam.

The English-language Saudi Gazette, in a front-page report on Thursday, quoted witnesses as saying that members of the police, known as the Commission for the Promotion of Virtue and Prevention of Vice, had stopped men who tried to help the girls warning "it is a sinful to approach them."

Surely it must also be considered sinful to force girls into staying in a burning building causing them all to die :confused:
I know many religions have strict rules which much be obeyed but that is just crazy.

Originally posted by Arris

Surely it must also be considered sinful to force girls into staying in a burning building causing them all to die :confused:

Only if you are not a crazy religious maniac, who mistreats women, plays games that involve killing animals and are a backward thinking little child race....

Oh man I HATE this backward little places with their backward and illogical ideas about life, the world.....

I place them into the same set as rednecks and those neds that are beating people up for their mobile phones here in the UK.

Religion Is The Opium Of The Masses

Mind you I'm despise communism, but Karx Marx had a point when he stated, "Religion Is The Opium Of The Masses."

I don't want to get on a religious thing & possibly offend one of out international members but extremism, whether religion, cult, or a social cause, is dangerous.
Remember that Heavens Gate Cult that committed suicide?!

Re: Religion Is The Opium Of The Masses

Originally posted by uncleel
Mind you I'm despise communism, but Karx Marx had a point when he stated, "Religion Is The Opium Of The Masses."

I don't want to get on a religious thing & possibly offend one of out international members but extremism, whether religion, cult, or a social cause, is dangerous.
Remember that Heavens Gate Cult that committed suicide?!

With all respects, let us not forget the 900+ people that died in Jonestown at the hands of Jim Jones. I know you don't want to make this topic into a discussion but when heavens gate was mentioned, the first thing that popped to mind was Jonestown. The second was Waco.

I am an active member of my church, I play bass for our worship team. I try most of the times to "do the right thing". But I do agree with yoiu Ucleel that it probably wise not to get into a detailed discussion on religious topics here....lets just have some fun. :)

Jonestown & Waco I consider murder, but yes, cult.
But pure mind control has to go to the Heavens Gate Cult members. Besides "leaving their earthly vessels to join the great spaceship in the sky," they were also convinced to cut off their ahem :eek: appendages!

Cult, I never really got that.
I mean, being in ireland here, but same for most countries anyway I guess. You're born, you're baptised, you make communion, then confirmation (Catholic here obviously). You go church every sunday, thought prayers & in the schools here relegion is part of it too (Unlike the US).
I dunno about you but that pretty well fits what I'd call a cult. You're a member from birth, with (obviously) no choice in the matter & that's all you're really exposed to.

You join something else & you're somehow in a cult? What kinda sense does that make ;)

Back