Mar 16, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. my specs are :
    4850 685/1100
    pentium D 915 @ 2.8 : (
    2gb mushkin ram (667) : (
    vista home prem 32-bit

so lets start where my problems first started. Before feb 2009 I've always played on the same servers with the same settings (max with 2-5 things lowered) and same specs. and always managed to get very good smooth gameplay (aprox 80+ fps) and this was on vista home premium.

After feb 2009 however, i decided to try out the windows 7 beta. i installed cod4 and played multiplayer and i noticed alot of lag, which forced me to lower my settings a bit, but it was still considerably laggy ( around 50-60) with a few spikes to 30 to 45. This was on the same servers btw.

So then i attempted to go back to vista around a month later. And to my surprise, it became worst. i now get 50-60 avg and random spikes to 30 and 100s. But when i try to make a server i always get 90+.

with desperation, i turned to windows xp pro sp2. NO LUCK. but i do avg higher, 60-70 BUT now i spike to 10 and 20 fps frequently, and it still has a very chopy gameplay to it.

i am really out of ideas on what caused this issue. i've tried the following:
    -Port forwarding 28960 - no improvements
    -disabled some services on vista
    -i put everything on the lowest settings with 800 x 600 rez and i got 80 avg.. which is VERY fishy...

my other info which may help:
    -my isp is bell
    -7mbps speed i think...
    -i'm in ontario, ( useless?)
    -uh my modem also serves as a router, model is... 2702HG-G
    -All my other games ( tf2,bf2,gw) dont lag at all. so i assume its something to do with the port.. ( 28960)?
    -i'm pretty sure OS isent the problem, or my Internet speed, or hardware, so i assume it has to do with my modem/router ? but i have no knowledge in these areas.
    -1.7 patch

If anyone can help PLEASE PLEASE... i need it. i cant pwn newbs with a low fps : (
    ask away for any other info u need to help solve
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.