CoD: Advanced Warfare 'Ascendance' DLC lands later this month

Shawn Knight

Staff member

advanced warfare ascendance dlc xbox dlc activision gaming xbox 360 call of duty cod xbox one cod advanced warfare call of duty advanced warfare cod dlc map pac

Activision has announced a release date for Ascendance, the second DLC expansion for Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare. Like the Havoc DLC before it, this new pack will include four new multiplayer maps as well as a new weapon and new episode in the Exo Zombies saga.

The new maps include Perplex, a vertical battleground comprised of a five-story apartment building in Sydney. Clashes here will be in close quarters with construction drones arriving mid-match to change up the landscape a bit.

Site 244 takes place at ground zero of a crashed alien spacecraft near Mount Rushmore. Players that successfully open an alien space pod through the map-based scorestreak will gain a boost to exo abilities and perks, we’re told. Another map, Climate, plays out in a climate-controlled utopian garden. It’s another close quarters map whose setting aims to distract from the violence taking place all around.

advanced warfare ascendance dlc xbox dlc activision gaming xbox 360 call of duty cod xbox one cod advanced warfare call of duty advanced warfare cod dlc map pac

Last but not least is Chop Shop which takes place in a black market exoskeleton plant. In this medium-sized, symmetrical map, players that activate the map-based scorestreak can take control of a turret that radiates an EMP wave to help lock down key areas.

Gamers will also have access to CoD’s latest weapon, the OHM directed energy light machine gun / shotgun hybrid (that’s a mouthful).

The latest chapter in the co-op Exo Zombies saga, Infected, features the same cast as the original (John Malkovich, Bill Paxton, Rose McGowan and Jon Bernthal) as they tackle both new and familiar enemies outside of the Atlas facility.

Ascendance is slated to arrive on March 31 on Xbox One and Xbox 360 priced at $15. It’ll drop on other platforms roughly four weeks later as per Microsoft’s usual exclusivity.

Permalink to story.

Yay now I can come to techspot to find out about every game DLC that comes out:D

When did techspot start doing this? glad to see them branching out but ive never noticed it cant wait for you guys to post an article about cities skylines DLC!!!

Yay now I can come to techspot to find out about every game DLC that comes out:D

When did techspot start doing this? glad to see them branching out but ive never noticed it cant wait for you guys to post an article about cities skylines DLC!!!

I think the editors give Shawn all the click bait articles. TS should know that no one in their target audience plays CoD. It's the Dane Cook of video games. I also don't think anyone is surprised about this DLC release after, you know, 8 years of activision pulling this same DLC crap on us.

I think the editors give Shawn all the click bait articles. TS should know that no one in their target audience plays CoD. It's the Dane Cook of video games. I also don't think anyone is surprised about this DLC release after, you know, 8 years of activision pulling this same DLC crap on us.

Damn now I feel silly saying I love the Exo Zombie mode ;) It's great fun with a few friends.

Damn now I feel silly saying I love the Exo Zombie mode ;) It's great fun with a few friends.
I'm happy you enjoy your purchase but CoD doesn't offer enough to justify the $120 price tag, especially if you're only playing zombies

I'm happy you enjoy your purchase but CoD doesn't offer enough to justify the $120 price tag, especially if you're only playing zombies

Well I bought CoD AW for $40 AUD and then got the Zombie mode for $15 so total investment so far has been $55 AUD not $120.

So if you play the Zombie mode for an hour a day every day of the week and love the hell out of it, it’s not worth $120? What if you play if for a year, two years or even three? Going to the movies for 2 hours with a partner/friend costs you at least $40 here in Australia so spending $55 for at least a years’ worth of fun for a few hours a week seems like a decent deal.

I am not going to argue that CoD AW is a high quality game what is worth investing more and more $ in DLC. Compared to games like StarCraft II the quality of CoD games is rubbish. The problem I face is that most of my friends can’t do more than one or two things at once very well making RTS games a serious challenge. Pointing and clicking offers an easier learning curve ;)

Well I bought CoD AW for $40 AUD and then got the Zombie mode for $15 so total investment so far has been $55 AUD not $120.

So if you play the Zombie mode for an hour a day every day of the week and love the hell out of it, it’s not worth $120? What if you play if for a year, two years or even three? Going to the movies for 2 hours with a partner/friend costs you at least $40 here in Australia so spending $55 for at least a years’ worth of fun for a few hours a week seems like a decent deal.

I am not going to argue that CoD AW is a high quality game what is worth investing more and more $ in DLC. Compared to games like StarCraft II the quality of CoD games is rubbish. The problem I face is that most of my friends can’t do more than one or two things at once very well making RTS games a serious challenge. Pointing and clicking offers an easier learning curve ;)
Well I rarely go to the movies and Cod games become unplayable if you miss a DLC because you keep getting kicked out of the server rotation if you don't have the maps. Here in the US the game cost is $60 plus the 4 DLC at $15 ea that they come out with every CoD game every year and from what you tell me you have to pay $15 to unlock zombies now. That's $135 for a video game that nobody will play anymore in a year because there is a new one out.

I also don't live in the AU, I live in the US. Video games are expensive, but movies and other things are cheap. However, im not against spending lots of money on a video game, it's just that game has to offer a significant value for me to invest that money in it. I spent $35 on planetside 2 and I have over 600 hours in that game. I bought CoD ghost expecting a different CoD game(because that's what they were saying it was) I was actually offended by the garbage that they wanted to call a game. I paid full price for it too ($60) and now I can't even play it because I don't have all the DLC.

If you enjoy the CoD games more power to you, I just think they are barely passable in quality and not worth the bandwidth required to download them

I bought CoD ghost expecting a different CoD game(because that's what they were saying it was) I was actually offended by the garbage that they wanted to call a game. I paid full price for it too ($60) and now I can't even play it because I don't have all the DLC.

If you enjoy the CoD games more power to you, I just think they are barely passable in quality and not worth the bandwidth required to download them

Really I don’t disagree, Ghosts was a waste of bandwidth and so were numerous CoD titles before it.

Can’t say I am a huge CoD fan. That said I did really love the original Call of Duty back in 2003. That game felt great, probably because it was built on the Quake II Arena engine. Call of Duty 2 was really good as well.

Modern Warfare 2 was fun but I really didn’t like World at War and hate the Black Ops series. As you know Ghosts was a joke. After Black Ops and then Ghosts I gave up on the series and truth be told Activision gave me Advanced Warfare so I checked it out. The game is surprisingly good and like I said the Zombie mode is fun with friends. So I bought a second copy for a cash strapped mate to use.

Still the game has plenty of bugs/issues and the online play is still very laggy so as I said previously I am not going to argue that CoD AW is a high quality game. The fact that they keep charging you for small updates does suck (to put it mildly), I doubt I will buy anymore. Paying for a few extra maps and a new gun is BS, this is stuff companies like Blizzard give their supporters multiple times a year for free.

Anyway when my friends and I get together for the odd LAN party I imagine CoD AW will keep us happy for years to come, after all we just moved from CoD MW2 after 6 years ;)

FYI you can buy CoD AW for as little as $25 online and the DLC is less than $10. Whatever stuff costs in Australia it is cheaper in the US ;)

Back