(Code 10) error from IGP Geforce4 MX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supra

Alright, heres how the story starts. Customer brought computer in, original motherboard died, unable to get an identical replacement, bought an Nforce2 board(original board was an SIS), did some magic tricks in the registry and now windows(installation from dead board) boots on the new board. Installed all drivers and everything works except for the videocard. I get the error "This device cannot start (Code 10)". I figured it was old drivers left from the old video card. Uninstalled Nvidia drivers, used Catuninstaller, and Nasty File Remover since I have no clue what the old video card was. Still get the error and NFR says the current loaded video driver is for a ATI Rage Fury and I cant uninstall it. Are there any registry tricks I overlooked that may help?

System Specs:
Athlon XP 3000+
Asus A7N-8X VM/400
512MB RAM
Integrated Geforce4 MX
160 GB HDD
Windows Media Center Edition

I've tried putting in a Geforce 6600 and also gets the exact same error. I'm sure reinstalling windows will fix it but that is the last thing the owner wants to do.

Alright, I fixed it on my own. I did a repair install and it reset all the drivers without losing all of the custom settings on the computer(fonts, appearance, etc..). Now the card is working fine. :grinthumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back