Codemasters releases new F1 2015 teaser trailer

midian182

Staff member

Codemasters has just released a new teaser trailer for F1 2015, their upcoming racing simulator that claims to give players the most realistic recreation of the sport to ever appear in a video game.

The impressive looking game is based on Codemasters' updated EGO technology, developed alongside Sony Computer Entertainment to render more detailed damage and physics as well as rendering large-scale environments. The same game engine is used in both the GRID and DiRT racing franchises, and has now been updated with new car handling and tire feedback simulations, as well as improved lighting and weather systems.

This year's iteration of F1 sees a host of new features. The all-new ‘broadcast presentation’ promises to immerse the player in the unique race day atmosphere, while several new game modes should keep even the most ardent Formula One fans happy.

Codemasters claim F1 2015 will boast the most intelligent, aggresive AI ever to appear in the series - an element of F1 2014 that was critized in some of the mixed reviews the game received.

F1 2015 will be released on July 10 in Europe and July 21 in the US on Xbox One, PS4 and PC.

Permalink to story.

Tempted to get this just I can finally see a different team win at F1.
Only problem is I would be stuck with the new rubbish sound unless some PC modder changes all the F1 sounds back to the V10 era.

The yearly release cycle and full price is a little much considering you aren't really getting that much new, F1 changes very little year to year with the exception to the cars, the tracks are the same year after year, so what are you paying for? This years model of F1 car? The new game engine from Grid and Dirt?

"Codemasters claim F1 2015 will boast the most intelligent, aggressive AI ever to appear in the series" this can either be good or bad, this game isn't terribly forgiving, so lets just hope difficulty doesn't come from car to car contact.

Don't get me wrong, I have played the series and enjoyed it, this just feels like it could be an annual update instead of annual installment.

There's something about codemasters that I don't really like but I haven't put much thought into it and I can't quite put my finger on what it is. As a result I look at their products with a feeling of meh. Strange I know, but that's how I feel.

Back