COLORADOSHEEP.COM login window!

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI GUYS,

This morning when I booted notebook. I got the "coloradosheep.com" login window. I hit cancel on the window and have seemingly normal functionality now.

I run windows XP SP2 HE. Also I keep Norton Anti-Virus & Webroot Spysweeper running all the time. Beyond that I have free firewall "zonealarm".

What should I do from here? What should I download and run to get HJT scan? I want a clean system. Please help.

Thanks.

p.s. nothing seems to be disabled. not IE or firefox. I do have ALOT of processes running... not sure what they all are though.

p.s.s. within the last week I configured my wireless router to have certain ports always open. in order to allow for use of an online game (world of warcraft).

Hi,

The anti spyware thread is HERE

Basically, run some anti-spyware scans in safe mode and make sure
"Show hidden files and folders" is checked, in Windows folder options.

Also.go into msconfig start up tab,and uncheck everything except Firewall/AV

Important: Please read this thread HERE before you decide whether to clean or reformat your system.

Should you decide to clean your computer, please go ahead to Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions and follow the steps given. Do follow all the instructions exactly. They will provide logs for analysis of your system so I will know how to instruct you to proceed.

Thereafter, please post fresh HijackThis, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread. Do not copy and paste your logs if not it will be ignored and/or removed.

Also, please let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back