"Colour Bleeding" on LCD Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
:confused:
Don't know much about computers.
My LCD monitor looks like the font and graphics are "bleeding colour" and "bleeding graphics" showing pixels? in some places on the screen, it seems to be in the same places regardless of what programme I am using. Is this a problem with the screen itself or is this a computer problem?

It sounds to me as though if the trouble areas are always in the same place then it the monitor. If the area changed depending on the program id say it was the computer. So i say its your LCD thats the problem. Try using another monitor CRT or LCD and see if it still bleeds. If it does it may be your video card. If not its most likely your monitor. I hope this helped.

While I am not certain what you mean by color bleeding, many LCDs need to be "configured" to look correctly on your computer.

In the past, I've always used the "Auto Adjust" feature found on every LCD I have seen to eliminate graphical problems.

Pixels permanently switched ON (e.g. glowing red/green/blue spot on screen)? Then sounds like your LCD is defective.

If by bleeding you mean it looks blurry round the edge of objects then check what the native resolution of the screen is. If it is a 15" TFT/LCD then the native resolution is likely to be 1024, if its a 17" the native resolution will be 1280. Running at other resolutions other than the native will result in a less clear image on screen. Just thought I would post that incase this is what your problem is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back