Com running crap lately

Status
Not open for further replies.

james_k1988

lately my computer has been running pretty bad. Its happened slowly over time but now its acting really "sluggish". Not as quick as it usually is. But thats bareable obviously, tis not THAT bad lol its mainly the games side. lately my games have been running really sluggish, which makes it really hard to kill people (this is multiplayer btw, medal of honor series mainly) Its as if its lagging, but its not lol same effect though. It hard to explain but its affecting my gameplay, as when i run into someone face-to-face and start guns blazeing, 6 times out of 10 it starts running slower, like not as smooth as it should.

Now to fix this problem i have done that thread by RBS about spyware remover, adaware,hijackthis etc. but still not much luck.I Also scan reguraraly with AVG Antivirus(free one :p )
Any ideas on how to make my games run smoother like they once did? lol Thanx :)

my specs are

2600+ AMD Sempron
1024mb DDR Ram
Foxconn Mobo
GeForce FX5700VE 256mb

p.s. i have a feeling some programs are running in my task manager that shouldnt, check it out on the link below, cause im sure the IEXPLORE shouldnt be ther as i use firefox lol

http://img195.exs.cx/img195/9661/desk1ow.jpg

Iknow what programs should be there, jus dont kno wot one shouldnt

mug?

wtf u talkin about "you have one ugly mug" i never even put a pic up. And i have already done that, i done that ages ago (the stuff ont aht thread that is) but ill do it again jus incase. And about norton, i installed it ages ago but it fu*ked up and whenever i uninstall it i lose my internet access. Something about Norton internet security pish, but would running that and avg slow it down? as norton never seems to appear (besides SOMETIMES when it says an error message reading "Norton does not support this repair feature")

yea back to this mug thing, what the hell are you talkin about lol

Can you run your games with WBlinds disabled and see if there's a difference?
I seem to recall a post from a gaming forum that it tends to run away with resources.

patio. :cool:

James, I was referring to your AVATAR :D

Here is the lowdown on your slow PC (probably missed a few as well):

You should read my signature:
C:\Documents and Settings\James\Local Settings\Temp\Temporary Directory 5 for hijackthis.zip\HijackThis.exe

There are a bunch of updaters running, that you can switch off.
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_01\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSPM Startup] C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\UPDATE~1\isuspm.exe -startup

You have 2 messenger programs running at the same time, one is enough:
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe

You have unnecessary 'eye-candy' running:
C:\Program Files\Stardock\Object Desktop\WindowBlinds\wbload.exe
C:\Program Files\CursorXP\CursorXP.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LogonStudio] "C:\Program Files\WinCustomize\LogonStudio\logonstudio.exe" /RANDOM
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BootSkin Startup Jobs] "C:\PROGRA~1\Stardock\WINCUS~1\BootSkin\BootSkin.ex e" /StartupJobs

You have IE running as well as Firefox, FF alone is enough:
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
c:\progra~1\intern~1\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe

You have ADWARE and propably SPYWARE running:
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://minisearch.startnow.com/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://minisearch.startnow.com/
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.startnow.com/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = http://minisearch.startnow.com/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch = http://minisearch.startnow.com/
R3 - URLSearchHook: HyperSearchHook - {8426B167-057E-45CB-9D90-1327F19CBAAF} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Hyperbar\HyperbarSS3.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {6516472B-AE39-8956-18C1-B10915E848CB} - C:\DOCUME~1\James\APPLIC~1\AMENOO~1\Okayvga.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [deletewarnbikebleh] C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\4 mode delete warn\stop meow.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [AnteDate] C:\DOCUME~1\James\APPLIC~1\infojunk\VCBASHPLAN.exe

You have been Hijacked etc:
O10 - Hijacked Internet access by New.Net
O10 - Broken Internet access because of LSP provider 'xfire_lsp_9733.dll' missing

And of course you have NORTON crap running.
No wonder your PC runs crap with all this ballast!

After you get rid of all the junk, post a clean log.

here we go

right i went through it all and checked all the stuff, and of course i had problems lol. first off after clicking the fix checked i rescanned and the O10 ones were still ther (hijack one), i kept trying but they werent for going away. Next as i was fixing it all for the first time it said something about a BHO couldnt be deleted, and it recommended spybot. But after scanning again it was gone, so im not sure if its actually away or if its just hideing it. And i'd like to keep my eye candy :p as it didnt affect the performance before, plus it looks kool lol I'm about to try and uninstall norton while keeping my internet access and see how that goes, i'll post a log once i've tried it. Plus i got a program called WINSOCK or something thats supposed 2 help, so ill keep you updated

p.s. lucky u werent talkin about me m8, woulda had to come over there and give you what for :knock: hehe jus kiddin

yipee

i feel like a ******* not looking for it in add remove programs :( lol it was there, and i got rid of all those O1 's , my log is attached. I havnt given it a full test but so far it seems to be running alot better, games wise. Tell me if this log is ok
it seems alot smaller than before i changed it lol

Thank youuuuuu

My games seem to be running great now, compared to before anyways. Thank you very much for your patience and help :D

p.s. OMG i got promoted to Techspot member :-O i feel so pround :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back