COM+ Setup Error and other

Status
Not open for further replies.

souton

i recently formatted after installing a new video card and having BIOS problems. the format went smooth. but when it started to install windows xp, i started getting alot of pop-ups saying "can't copy file from disk". they all came from the i386 folder (i think that's right). i clicked retry on every pop-up and it just went on to the next one. i don't really think they copied. anyways, when that was done, i got a error message saying COM+ Setup Error. then it froze while registering components and i can't go any further. has anyone heard of anything like this happening? would any of this have to do with the BIOS? someone please help. thanks.

could be a lot of things. since you just did it, i'd say another total reformat should clear it up. sounds like file corruption, possibly virus.

try using last working settings in bios first, elimanate all harware problems.

well it won't let me format again because when i restart the computer [after it freezes], it starts off where it left off registering components]. i'm pretty sure it's the bios, but i don't know what to do. would i just select load default settings or what?

first try to set the bios jumper to clear out the bios settings. you manual will tell you how to set it and what to do, the wrong action can physically damage the board. i that doesn't fix it you should try your previous video card. make sure at this point that all cables, fans, and parts are firmly and properly installed. it's either a bios or hardware problem, if you can i'd update your bios too.

i figured to reset my default bios settings and that worked,, i got xp installed now but i have no internet now (i installed my mobo drivers and ethernet drivers) and no it isnt my isp,.... any ideas? would it have something to do with the bios settings?

well, ure practically halfway there...try enabling the ethernet adapter in bios and getting your latest mobo drivers.

when i tried to active windows to see if it would set my internet working, it ended up working lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back