Inactive COM Surrogate dllhost.exe *32

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiJackThis1.99

Today. For no reason. I installed nothing at all. I saw some executable-box flash for like a second. Well, I am not sure, if it was an executable or not, it happened too fast. It was like a small window. It appeared for a moment and disappeared. I wondered what it was. Anyway. Soon after I had like 20 or more instances of dllhost.exe *32 in my task manager. They were taking up my CPU usage and memory. After I kill the process they come back up again.

Please, observe following rules:
  • Read all of my instructions very carefully. Your mistakes during cleaning process may have very serious consequences, like unbootable computer.
  • If you're stuck, or you're not sure about certain step, always ask before doing anything else.
  • Please refrain from running any tools, fixes or applying any changes to your computer other than those I suggest.
  • Never run more than one scan at a time.
  • Keep updating me regarding your computer behavior, good, or bad.
  • The cleaning process, once started, has to be completed. Even if your computer appears to act better, it may still be infected. Once the computer is totally clean, I'll certainly let you know.
  • If you leave the topic without explanation in the middle of a cleaning process, you may not be eligible to receive any more help in malware removal forum.
  • I close my topics if you have not replied in 5 days. If you need more time, simply let me know. If I closed your topic and you need it to be reopened, simply PM me.

============================================

It looks like you're infected with Powerliks malware.

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your Desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatibale with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.
  • Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please copy and paste it to your reply.

Hello. Thank you for responding. But I believe I was able to figure out how to clean myself from it. I can share what I did on the forum but I do not know if it is against your rules.

Go ahead but Powerliks malware can be tricky and often it doesn't come alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back