TechSpot

Combofix/AVG/HiJackThis log

By spxnerd
Mar 14, 2008
  1. Hi, I think theres a possibility of having a keylogger on my notebook, I was infected with Unknown Trojan and thought I have removed it a while ago. I received an email from my bank telling me it has been locked due to multiple sign in attempts. I ran all the tests and the rootkit came up with nothing as did some of the other tests. SS&D found something as well. Oh and I can't start Windows Security Center after these instructions. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

2. CCT

CCT TS Evangelist Posts: 2,653   +6

You didn't say what progs you have run to remove the nasties.

You, like many others, have added all kinds of (to me) useless crap on your comp and some of it has been bad for it.

I think you should run through the complete steps for prelim removals. Once done, repost with ALL the required logs.

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic58138.html

3. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 14,524

Well to name a few, inside the log there's:

Ad-Aware
    Spybots S & D
    BitDefender 2008
    AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5
    SpyHunter
    Symantec

4. kritius

kritius TS Guru Posts: 2,084

They have followed the instructions from the prelim removal sticky.

Go to Start > Run and copy/paste or type: taskmgr
    • Under the Processes tab find the following tasks or processes:
      ViewpointService.exe
      ViewMgr.exe
    • Highlight and click "End Process".
    • Exit Task Manager.
    Click on Start > Run and type: services.msc
    • Press "OK".
    • Click the "Extended tab".
    • Scroll down the list and find the service called "Viewpoint Manager Service"
    • When you find the service, double-click on it.
    • In the Properties Window > General Tab that opens, click the "Stop" button.
    • From the drop-down menu next to "Startup Type", click on "Disabled".
    • Now click "Apply", then "OK" and close any open windows.
    Click on Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs > highlight and remove all references to Viewpoint - i.e. Viewpoint, Viewpoint Manager, Viewpoint Media Player.

Finally, delete the following folders if they still exist:
    C:\Program Files\ViewManager\ <-- and delete this folder
    C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\ <-- and delete this folder

Run HJT and have it do a sytem scan only.
    Close all browsers and put a check next to the following items,
    R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {602ADB0E-4AFF-4217-8AA1-95DAC4DFA408} - (no file)
    O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {7FEBEFE3-6B19-4349-98D2-FFB09D4B49CA} - (no file)

Ypu may also think about getting rid of the yahoo toolbar.

After that repost with a new HJT log and well see how it looks then.

5. spxnerd

spxnerd TS Rookie Topic Starter

Hey I followed the instructions but it still wouldn't remove the 2 no names in HJT. And also i still cannot start up windows security center.

Attached Files:

6. kritius

kritius TS Guru Posts: 2,084

Have you uninstalled the Yahoo toolbar? Also have you recently removed bitcomet?

You may also want to remove gameconsoleservice, check to see if its in your add/remove programs and then do a search for it and clean up any remnants much like the viewpoint instruction.

Open HJT and select do a system scan only, close all windows except HJT(including this one) and put a check beside the following entries then select fix checked.
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {602ADB0E-4AFF-4217-8AA1-95DAC4DFA408} - (no file)
    O2 - BHO: MS Video Control 1.0 - {708F8B95-4012-4A3A-9494-5EEE5F8CC89E} - C:\Windows\msvidc32.dll (file missing)
    O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {7FEBEFE3-6B19-4349-98D2-FFB09D4B49CA} - (no file)
    O9 - Extra button: BitComet - {D18A0B52-D63C-4ed0-AFC6-C1E3DC1AF43A} - res://C:\Program Files\BitComet\tools\BitCometBHO_1.1.11.30.dll/206 (file missing)

Reboot and run HJT and post another log back.

Are you still unable to open the windows security centre?

Try running this, FixPolicies.exe
    • Double-click FixPolicies.exe
    • Click the Install button on the bottom toolbar of the box that will open.
    • The program will create a new Folder called FixPolicies
    • Double-click to Open the new Folder, and then double-click the file named Fix_Policies.cmd
    • A black box will briefly appear and then close. This may work.

7. spxnerd

spxnerd TS Rookie Topic Starter

I uninstalled Yahoo toolbar already, but I don't know why it still shows up under the toolbar options. I have not recently uninstalled BitComet as well either. I cannot find the gamserviceconsole in the Programs control panel, or in the Program Files folder either. Also I have ran the FixPolicies.exe, but am still unable to start Security Center.

Here is the new Log.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.