Hi Howard,

Here is my fresh combofix file.

Are they clean?

Thanks

Attachments

• ComboFix.txt
    5.8 KB · Views: 5
Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I have moved your post to it`s own thread.

There are several entries in your Combofix log that are either nasty or suspicious.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of maize only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Thank you very very very much.

STEP11:

Download the AVG Antirootkit programme. Disconnect from the net and install the programme, then restart your computer.

Run the programme and click the "Perform in-depth search." Allow AVG to complete the scan. The AVG scanner will give the "Rootkit path" Do not fix anything yet. Let me know what is found in your reply and I`ll instruct you on how to proceed. Reconnect to the net.

First of all, i want to thank you very much.
After following your step1~step11, the AVG Anti-Rootkit scan result is:
No rootkits found.
BTW, the tool4 does not work. I mean that they can not star to scanning my computer.

Thanks again!

STEP11:

Download the AVG Antirootkit programme. Disconnect from the net and install the programme, then restart your computer.

Run the programme and click the "Perform in-depth search." Allow AVG to complete the scan. The AVG scanner will give the "Rootkit path" Do not fix anything yet. Let me know what is found in your reply and I`ll instruct you on how to proceed. Reconnect to the net.
Hello, Howard

First of all, i want to thank you very much.
After following your step1~step11, the AVG Anti-Rootkit scan result is:
"No rootkits found".
BTW, the tool4 does not work. I mean that they can not star to scanning my computer.

Howard, i have finished this step below.
Make sure all windows are closed. Run AVG Antispyware..
Click Scanner, then the Settings tab and under where it says How to Act, make sure you set it to QUARANTINE results. Then click the scan tab and click Complete System Scan to begin scanning.

Once finished, click the save scan report button, followed by the Save report as button and save it to your desktop.

Reboot into normal mode and rehide your protected OS files.

My questions are,
How to "Reboot into normal mode and rehide your protected OS files?
and,
After saving the report to my desktop, did i need to remove all reports?

ps,
Report-Scan-20070406-204154.txt:
Your file of 167.1 KB bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 100.0 KB for this filetype.

How can i do now?

Best Regards,

maize

You reboot into normal mode, simply by rebooting your computer.

You rehide your protected OS files by doing the reverse of these instructions.

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE.

You need to post the requested logfiles as attachments. See HERE for instructions.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of maize only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Howard,
Thanks again.
I see.
BTW, before rebooting into normal mode and rehide my protected os files, do i need to remove all reports first(After saving the report to my desktop)?

Edited by Moderator: Removed quote. There`s no need to quote the post directly above your own, unless you`re only replying to a specific section, in which case you would only quote that section. ;)

No, you don`t need to remove the reports, they`ll still be on your desktop after you have rebooted into normal mode. Then, you need to attach them into your next reply.

After running AVG Antispyware, the report said that there are more than 619
high risk txx.. files.
Did i misunderstand something?

Just like this,

C:\System Volume Information\_restore{B64D3591-7AD5-4427-AA63-AF739FCEC00A}\RP113\A0008654.dll -> Adware.BHO : No action taken.
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{B64D3591-7AD5-4427-AA63-AF739FCEC00A}\RP116\A0008933.dll -> Adware.BHO : No action taken.
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{B64D3591-7AD5-4427-AA63-AF739FCEC00A}\RP112\A0008624.DLL -> Backdoor.Hupigon.emb : No action taken.
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{B64D3591-7AD5-4427-AA63-AF739FCEC00A}\RP113\A0008673.DLL -> Backdoor.Hupigon.emb : No action taken.
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{B64D3591-7AD5-4427-AA63-AF739FCEC00A}\RP116\A0008940.DLL -> Backdoor.Hupigon.emb : No action taken.
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{B64D3591-7AD5-4427-AA63-AF739FCEC00A}\RP116\A0008953.DLL -> Backdoor.Hupigon.emb : No action taken.
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{B64D3591-7AD5-4427-AA63-AF739FCEC00A}\RP116\A0009167.DLL -> Backdoor.Hupigon.emb : No action taken.
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{B64D3591-7AD5-4427-AA63-AF739FCEC00A}\RP120\A0009432.DLL -> Backdoor.Hupigon.emb : No action taken.
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{B64D3591-7AD5-4427-AA63-AF739FCEC00A}\RP122\A0009517.DLL -> Backdoor.Hupigon.emb : No action taken.
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{B64D3591-7AD5-4427-AA63-AF739FCEC00A}\RP122\A0009547.DLL -> Backdoor.Hupigon.emb : No action taken.
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{B64D3591-7AD5-4427-AA63-AF739FCEC00A}\RP123\A0009631.DLL -> Backdoor.Hupigon.emb : No action taken.
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{B64D3591-7AD5-4427-AA63-AF739FCEC00A}\RP125\A0013915.DLL -> Backdoor.Hupigon.emb : No action taken.
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{B64D3591-7AD5-4427-AA63-AF739FCEC00A}\RP125\A0013925.DLL -> Backdoor.Hupigon.emb : No action taken.

All you need to do, is attach the requested logfiles to your next reply. I`ll then tell you how to proceed.

The log files I need to see are as follows.

HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

You must post them as attachments.

Here is my HijackThis.log & combofix.txt attachment

Here is my HijackThis.log & combofix.txt attachment.

About the AVG Antispyware scan report txt can not be upload.
Because they said,
"Report-Scan-20070406-204154.txt:
Your file of 167.1 KB bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 100.0 KB for this filetype."

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how HERE.

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE.

Click start/run and type services.msc into the run box and press the enter key.

When the window appears, maximise it. Double click on the following services(if there) and select stop if they are running. Set the startup type to disabled. Click apply/ok for each service you disable.

A7F4835

Close the services window.

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

A7F4835.EXE

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O23 - Service: A7F4835 - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\A7F4835.EXE (file missing)

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\WINDOWS\system32\A7F4835.EXE

Reboot into normal mode and rehide your protected OS files.

Run the Ccleaner programme as per step9 of these instructions.

Then, run another AVG Antispyware scan and save the report.

Attach the AVG Antispyware report as well as a fresh HJT log.

Report-Scan-20070406-204154_part1.txt

Here is AVG scan report

Report-Scan-20070406-204154_part1.txt
&
Report-Scan-20070406-204154_part2.txt

All items in your AVG Antispyware log say "No Action Taken". This is because you didn`t follow the instructions properly for AVG Antispyware. You need to tell AVG Antispyware to quarantine to results. See this guide HERE.

Follow the instructions in my post above, then post a fresh HJT log as well as a fresh AVG Antispyware log.

Howard,

You are so nice and friendly. Thanks again.

I do follow your instructions above.

Here is the result.

"When the window appears, maximise it. Double click on the following services(if there) "=>yes

"Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there)."=>no

"Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there)."=>no

Edited by Moderator: Removed quote. There`s no need to quote the post directly above your own, unless you`re only replying to a specific section, in which case you would only quote that section. ;)

Your HJT log is clean.

However, your AVG Antispyware log still says all results have no action taken.

Please do the following.

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how HERE.

Now, turn system restore back on. This will have deleted all your old restore points and any nasties that are in them. It will also have created a new, clean restore point.

Then, follow the instructions below very carefully.

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how HERE.

This is taken from HERE.

Make sure all windows are closed. Run AVG Antispyware..
Click Scanner, then the Settings tab and under where it says How to Act, make sure you set it to QUARANTINE results. Then click the scan tab and click Complete System Scan to begin scanning.

Once finished, click the save scan report button, followed by the Save report as button and save it to your desktop.

Reboot your system and attach the AVG Antispyware log.

Howard,

About into safe mode, under my normal user name account.

Actually, i seprate my normal user name to two user account.
One is call "Matrix", another is call "Emily".
So, after using the F8 Method or using the running "msconfing",
no matter what method i using, in safe mode, i only just can use
"Emily" this normal user name account to operate. I mean i can not
find my Matrix normal user name account in safe mode.

Below logfile is under Emily account.

Here is under Matrix user name account.

You just don`t get it do you?

I told you to turn system restore off and on, it appears you haven`t done this.

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how HERE.

Now, turn system restore back on. This will have deleted all your old restore points and any nasties that are in them. It will also have created a new, clean restore point.

I`ve also told you several times how to use AVG Antispyware. Yet it still appears you don`t know how to do this, as all the results in your AVG Antispyware log say No Action Taken.

So, let`s have one last try. Copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file, then you can have the file open so you can follow the instructions easier.

Make sure all windows are closed, except notepad.. Run AVG Antispyware from normal mode.

Post the AVG Antispyware log and nothing else.

I appreciate your great patient

After deleting my another "Emily" normal user name account,
i boot into safe mode under my normal use name finally.

I do print your instructions out and follow them carefully.

Now, here is the result below. They are less than before.

Your AVG Antispyware log still says "No Action Taken" for all items. I keep telling you, you need to tell AVG Antispyware to quarantine it`s results.

See this pictorial guide to AVG Antispyware.

Post a fresh AVG Antispyware log as well as a fresh HJT log, after you`ve run AVG Antispyware.

I run AVG Antispyware in normal mode.
After running, i clicked the "apply all actions" tab, i saved the report to my desktop.

Best Regards Maize

That`s correct now lol.

Run AVG Antispyware and click on the infections tab. Click the select all button, followed by the remove finally button. This will delete all files in AVG Antispyware quarantine.

Reboot your system and post what hopefully should be a final HJT log.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back