Come Quick! Newbie needs help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK here is the situation I recently purchased a computer from a Yard Sale some people say that was a bad thing to do but when you are broke you are broke. Anyway all I know is that it has a 1 gig AMD Duron processor and a 35 gig hard drive. It had windows 98 and I tried to upgrade to XP and now I cant do anything. It says NTLDR is missing and press ALT-Ctrl-Del to continue. The thing of it is I really dont know what I am doing. All I have is a windows 95 startup disk and when I boot through the floppy drive it pops up and say what command interperter do you want to use. Well I dont really know and since you cant speak to a computer it is alittle hard to tell it want you would like for it to do. So if anybody has any Ideas I really woould appreciate it. Also I do have a copy of G-disk but it doesnt work either. You might want to remember I am a newbie and I am a little slower about picking these ideas up! Thanks a lot!

Thank You very much!

I appreciate the help and I wont reccomend this site to anyone. I have been looking for a week now to see if anyone had offered any advice and not one person could help me. Goodbye techspot and all its worthless people!

do you have a floppy disk in the a: drive when you boot the pc? That will bring up and NTLDR missing message.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back