Come Quick! Newbie needs help!

By Stonewall Hill
Oct 5, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OK here is the situation I recently purchased a computer from a Yard Sale some people say that was a bad thing to do but when you are broke you are broke. Anyway all I know is that it has a 1 gig AMD Duron processor and a 35 gig hard drive. It had windows 98 and I tried to upgrade to XP and now I cant do anything. It says NTLDR is missing and press ALT-Ctrl-Del to continue. The thing of it is I really dont know what I am doing. All I have is a windows 95 startup disk and when I boot through the floppy drive it pops up and say what command interperter do you want to use. Well I dont really know and since you cant speak to a computer it is alittle hard to tell it want you would like for it to do. So if anybody has any Ideas I really woould appreciate it. Also I do have a copy of G-disk but it doesnt work either. You might want to remember I am a newbie and I am a little slower about picking these ideas up! Thanks a lot!
  2. Stonewall Hill

Stonewall Hill Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Thank You very much!

I appreciate the help and I wont reccomend this site to anyone. I have been looking for a week now to see if anyone had offered any advice and not one person could help me. Goodbye techspot and all its worthless people!
  3. GSL

GSL Newcomer, in training Posts: 33

do you have a floppy disk in the a: drive when you boot the pc? That will bring up and NTLDR missing message.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.