Common prob/w Dell laptops?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Dell latitude D600 was plugged in and cord was snagged with foot thus yanking the laptop. My question is....is this a common problem for MB to short out? I pulled individual components to try and find out if anyone was at fault. Well I'm down to the MB frame and still my power light goes out on my power pack as soon as it's plugged into the board. Is this a common problem or an easy fix or should I goahead and buy a new/used MB W/O ram and CPU off e-bay for $150 ?

yeah man it is a common issue on the d600 series i work for dell as a gold tech rep so i know.. when that light on the ac adapter goes out when you plug it into the system board she is bad.. if you have a good service warranty like Gold they should have no problem replacing it. just tell them that the light on the power supply goes out when you plug it in and they won't even ask you any more questions than that..i would get another mobo

No type of warrenty what so ever. My next Question would be..are there any other cheaper options for mother boards than buying a direct D600 replacement board? And if thats my only option would I have any problem with switching my CPU and RAM with a D600 board that comes W/O CPU and RAM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back