Comodo Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustJay420

I've recently installed Comodo to run on my PC but when I open the program I get a message saying "The network firewall is not functioning properly!" in th System Status box under Summary. I dont have any other firewalls running and I used Registry Mechanic to check any left over traces before I installed. I am also running Avast Antivirus, AVG Anti SpyWare 7.5, Ad Watch 2007, and SpyBot just incase there may be any compatibility problems. I wanna try this program and compare it to others but I really need help configuring...

Yea... I think I know what you mean. Could you be more specific???

Okay I figured it out... just needed to turn off Avast! while I install.

(Moderator edit: Posts merged. Please use the edit button, rather than replying to your previous post where there are no other replies in between. If bumping the thread, please wait at least 24 hours for a reply.

RIGHT! Only one firewall should be active AND only one AV program should be
scanning your email :)

The strangest thing happened last nite on my PC. I got a serious hangup for some reason so I decided to reboot. After the reboot everything went fine until after I logged in. Nothing and I repeat NOTHING showed up on my screen but the mouse. When I Ctrl+Alt Delete-ed it went to the login menu just fine and I could even open the task manager window just fine (although it had nothing but a black screen behind it). I tried several reboots but I got the same thing. I thought it may have been a virus or some other malware so I booted to safe mode and ran Avast!, AVG Anti-Spyware, Ad Aware, and Spybot scans but everything came out clean. I finally decided to just do a system restore to the last one created and my PC loaded normally with a message that Comodo wasnt installed properly and asked if I wanted to run the diagnostic. I chose no and looked at my control panel to find that Comodo had been uninstalled (maybe due to the system restore) so I unticked the box for it in msconfig and restarted and everything seems back to normal. Finally my questions lol...

What happened to my PC? and should I reinstall Comodo? because Im kinda nervous about it now.

after a restore and the msg you've seen, YES, I would uninstall, reboot, and reinstall COMODO.

You did go deactivate the vista firewall right

control panel> administrative tools> win firewall with advanced security

In the overview section there are 3 options to deactivate

Domain Profile - should say firewall is off
Private Profile - should say firewall is off
Public Profile - should say firewall is off

*I figured you did this but just wanted to throw it out there in case

Im doing all of this now. Thanx I hope I dont get this problem again. VERY SCARY!

I installed Comodo with no problem this time and It the defense+ seems to be learning alot more. Thanx

Now i'm having more problems with Comodo... I uninstalled it after I my mail clients stopped working suddenly and for some reason I couldnt even browse to the Gmail website. Now when I reinstall (after using CCleaner and Registry Booster) It's installing like it was before when had Avast! running. I have uninstalled all programs that could be interfering and installed as Administrator but nothing seems to work now. I'm really starting to have doubts about Comodo and I'm gonna use another firewall untill I can get help.

hmm, I downloaded it right when version 3 came out and it worked with vista and have not had one problem with it. Are you sure you have the latest version - look under miscallanous tab, click the About Icon

should say version 3.0.13.268

JustJay420 said:
Now i'm having more problems with Comodo... I uninstalled it after I my mail clients stopped working suddenly and for some reason I couldnt even browse to the Gmail website.
Is email and the browser your ONLY problems? These require rules and did you
view/modify the defaults supplied? It's quite easy to add the required rules
under Network Moditor add:

email: allow tcp outbound to anyIP port 25,110,143
browsers: allow tcp outbound to anyIP port 80,443

then move each to the TOP of the list

After Installing an update for Comodo. I somehow got locked out of my PC and kept getting error on boot. I couldnt even get to the password login. I ended up having to do a System Recovery because I had no restore points before I installed Comodo. So... I now have a fresh computer and installed Comodo in only one try and haven't had any problem since. It must have been a problem that occured from reinstalling so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back