comp hangs after xp install first restart

Status
Not open for further replies.

danieldude

hi
while installing xp , on a p4 256 ram which worked fine the past 2 years,the setup is copying files , reboots, and restarts with the xp logo and moving blue cubes.
then the comp hangs.
memory tests and replace- ok
psu-ok
hd- 3 differnt hd
xp- 3 versions
geforce agp card- ok

one weird thing - in bios , the current mode( hi \ defoult) is flashing.

well
thank you

Well, you have ruled out the most obvious problems..

How about overheating? Update the system BIOS? Get a Linux LiveCD and see if you can make that run? (Try Knoppix)

if i have a faoulty bios, and there is no os , how can i re-flash the bios?
easy. download the latest bios from the manufacturer's site (from another PC if you need to), stick it on a floppy/bootable CD and boot with it. The BIOS is a long way before it even touches the OS or any extended hardware like HDDs etc.

did you ever see a bios menu with the current state (hi preformance\ fail safe) flashing??

and thanks , ill try that

it sounds like corruption in the bios. depending on the mobo you have their are remedies. as N3051M's already pointed out many mobo manufacturer's have bios's that can restore a corrupted bios by booting from a floppy. you just need to learn what procedure your particular board uses and download the right bios file from them.

ive downloaded the bios , extract it to a formated floppy( which was made bootable ms-dos) and when i restart it shows a lot of error msg...

Oh, you apply "the" solution when you see "an" error message duh! :rolleyes:

Please. What errors?!

dear nodsu, im sorry but there were so much errors, keyboard, a couple of things with "sys".... and generaly , the errors said that the bios im trying to load doesn ot fit, all though it is the right bios!!!

but . im not breaking my head bout it, there is a warrenty(if the mobo is damajed) if its not it, ill flash the stupid bios, if it likes it or not!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back