Comp hooked up to TV audio question

Status
Not open for further replies.

SK33TAST1C

i have a 7600gt with 2 dual DVI-D connections. one is hooked up to my 19" monitor, and the other will soon be hooked up to my tv through HDMI via a DVI-HDMI Adapter Cable. obviously, my tv will display the image produced by the graphics card, but i'm almost 100% certain that my tv will not play audio because DVI doesn't carry audio signals (although HDMI does).

my new motherboard is the gigabyte p35 ds3r, and it has 8-channel on board audio that i plan on using. my tv is a brand new samsung, so it has lots of inputs
HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface): 3 (version 1.3)
Component video: 2 (Y, Pb, Pr)
S-Video input: 1 side/1 rear
A/V inputs: 1 side/1 rear
PC input: 1
RF antenna inputs: 2
USB 2.0
HDMI - CEC
Headphone jack

is there any way i can connect my computer's onboard 8-channel audio to my tv that has those inputs above? thanks a lot for the help.

What's in back of the sound card? Or MOBO connect to the case?

If you see: green - audio output to speakers
- yellow output to subwoofer...

Depends on what you have...

Okay you have HDMI (digital audio) make sure you have that enabled on the HDTV if you have a feature like on there.

Basically you can go analog audio but if you want the best sound try the HDMI. DVI is not for that more for PQ. You'll have to play with it though. Thos A/V audio and video what type of connections RCA (analog) Left white and right red

There 6chan or 8chan audio you might want to pump that through an additional sourch. That's what I do alike digital surround or DPII or DDS system. HDTV can only do so much in audio...

Depends on your TV. I have a 46" Bravia and one of the HDMI inputs also has RCA in for audio. It also has a VGA in with a line in for audio. I don't know of any way to pump your sound through that HDMI cable but there might be - you'd have to use digital rather than analog, but that shouldn't be a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back