Comp is slow!! I think it has allot of malware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
I am trying to fix up my bros and my comp. my bro loves to download so much crap without even thinking about it. now the computer is soo slow!!! Internet is slow. Everytime i run antivirus scan it finds something new. i am not absolutely sure it has anything, so i am uploading the combofix and HJT log. i had scanned with AVG, but my bro being a lmow it all decided to delete everything, not quarentine and not to save a log. so i do not hav that, i tried running it again on a whim but nothing came up. The AVG aantiroot kit did not come up with anything either. if u guys can help me that would be great.
I am running a DELL P4 3.something GHz, 1GBr Ram, 150Gb Harddrive, Windows Xp media center SP2, etc.
on a side note wen i reboot my comp after the dell logo loading screen, the screen goes blank for about 30-45secs. i dont know wat is happeneing, but if u know a way to speed it up. can u give me suggestion on how to speed up the internet, etc. i need help tweaking my comp and cleaning it up. if u need more info let me know.
-Genisis

Your system is infected with malware. It seems that some of it has been removed; however, there are almost certainly remnants on your system.

Very Important: Before deciding whether to clean or reformat your system, read this thread and decide what you want to do.

If, after reading the above thread, you decide to clean your system, do the following.

Please go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all of the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HijackThis, ComboFix, and AVG Anti-Spyware logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Be sure to follow the instructions for renaming HijackThis.

Regards :)

This thread is for the use of Genisis only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our Security and the Web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back