Comp keep restarting randomly

ribbs

Sup guys? Well I have a problem, my PC keeps restarting out of the blue. Like i'll be sitting here playing a game and boom, it just restarts. Or I could be sitting here listening to music and boom! it just restarts. Sometimes it doesn't actually restart, it acts as if it's in sleep mode, but doesn't want to wake up lol, the emergency shut down doesn't even work. It's like it has no power, but the fan is still running. Quite odd if you ask me. But I have been reading around to find out what it could be and it is still doing it.

I have cleaned out my fan and heatsink, which I really thought might have been the prob because it was caked with dust, but it is still doing it.

So someone please try to help me lol.

My PC specs are:
P-3 866 mhz
512mb ram
Windows XP Pro SP1

Now I don't have any kind of virus scan, so I have been trying to do an internet based on, but it restarts before it gets the chance to finish.
So im lost...help me!!!! ahhhhh lol

naw but thanks in advance.

Oh yea, and I did uncheck the thing under control panel, system, advanced and everything, but it is still doing it.

Maybe a virus? I dunno

~ribbs

How hot is your computer running? If you don't know and it doesn't list it in the BIOS you can try MBM (MotherBoard Monitor).

thnx guys....but it was my power supply going bad. I put my old one back in and now it's running fine.

thnx
ribbs

Back