Comp keeps crashing - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I've just signed up to this forum and would really want some help regarding my computer which keeps crashing, i'm an intermediate comp user but i don't know much about troubleshooting errors.
I found another post somewhere in this forum where some guy seemed to be having a similar error, and had been asked for some infos so i just wrote down what it said on the blue crash screen.

After a bit of stuff saying what u should do if this is the first time u've seen this screen there's some technical info as follows - *** STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x32354632, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x32354632).

Just below that there is a counter which is changing according to the percentage of physical which has so far been dumped onto the disk.

I'm pretty sure that i need to show a little bit more info that just this, but i don't know what is needed, plz don't mind to ask for any more infos to do with this problem.

Sorry about not being able to have any info on when it started to happen or after what change it started to happen, i just install and update software and drivers on my comp quite often, usually when there is a newer version.
But if i remember correctly i think it started to happen after i updated a few drivers.

If i need to display my comps stats i wouldn't mind doing so, just i cbs unless it's really needed.

Thx.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Go HERE and follow the instructions.

If that doesn`t help. Zip 5 or 6 of your latest minidumps together, and attach them here.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Ah ok

Here it is, i zipped around 12 .dmp files.
Oh and after reading that post b4, i just remembered, i think it started happening after i tried to overclock my computer(CPU, Memory) just because i wasn't getting very good fps in counter-strike source, after a bit of experimenting(first time ever tried to overclock btw) i found that thoug it made my comp a little faster it didn't do much if not any at all for CSS and because my comp is already overheating when the cpu's[3.4ghz p4, 1 of the 1's which was said to have a heat prob >.<] under >50% load (100% load = 70-80°C, that's on a cool day!), i would be thinking about underclocking or something it instead, but i usually like to keep things default if possible.
And i know i should get a better cpu cooler but i cbs and don't wanna void the warranty which is still present.
Well i'm thinking that the errors happened because of trying to overclock the memory, i remember trying to overclock it to a much higher speed than normal and my comp wouldn't start, then when i tried again it said something about that the overclocking had failed, so i just loaded up the default bios(never changed anything in it anyway).
I figure that after that bios refresh that the clock speeds of both the cpu and the memory would've been default again, so i just uninstalled the overclocking programs(ASUS AI booster, or something like that, cbs checking, and also the 1 that came with my gfx card[gfx = ati x700pro 256, program is called "redline"]).
If this turns out to be the cause of the crashes i would appreciate it if u could tell me how i set the clock speeds of both the cpu and the ram to default, thx.
Oh and thx again for the hastely reply.

Overclocking, and overheating can certainly cause your computer to crash.

Now that your bios is set to the defaults, your cpu, and ram should no longer be overclocked. However, you may have damaged your ram/cpu.

Check your temperatures.

You should test your ram as instructed in the link I gave you. Also, test your hard drive as well.

Try running your system with just one stick of ram. If it still crashes, try the other stick.

Your minidumps are crashing with various errors.

Several minidumps crash at NetPeeker.sys. Your internet monitor. Try uninstalling this programme, and see what happens.

The rest are crashing with various Windows files. Try creating a new page file. You can find instructions for this in reply #11 in the link I gave you.

Most of your minidumps crash with a bugcheck of D1.

0x000000D1: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

The system attempted to access pageable memory using a kernel process IRQL that was too high. The most typical cause is a bad device driver (one that uses improper addresses). It can also be caused by faulty or mismatched RAM, or a damaged pagefile.

Regards Howard :)

driver_irql_not_less_or_equal

I know where you are coming from,as I have had these problems before. I just recently got rid of my BSOD and driver_irql_not_less_or_equal headache by doing the following.....but keep in mind that BSOD can be caused by numerous problems,in tandem or solo.....but try this, and see if it helps you.of it does,please let me know.

go to: control panel+system+advanced+performance settings+advanced+change tab under virtual memory

above is the file path to adjust your paging file, to eliminate BSOD
caused by driver_IRQL_not_less_or_equal.

make sure your virtual memory initial size is not the same as maximum. this should eliminate the problem.if it doesnt, check your devices for driver updates.

thx.

Thx for the reply, it's much appreciated.

But since i think i posted this >a year ago i can't remember a single thing about what problem i was having, lol.
Not sure what i did so long ago, but the comp's working fine(at least atm).

Also, about what you said: yeah, the initial size is half of the maximum size for all my hdds.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back