Comp really messed up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so this problem started about a month ago. I kept getting random restarts and freezes. At this point I thought it could be either a some virus or something in my hardware. To know for sure I reformatted my comp. Unfortunately this problem is still happening so im guessing it might be something in my hardware though I have not installed any new hardware. And this is so weird too, my comp either freezes, restarts, and sometimes it will freeze for 5 sec. and it would do this every 4 sec. Sometimes my mouse might just freeze, though everything works in the background and I can click everything, the mouse pointer just freezes there.
Another problem is no matter what I download, it’s always corrupt so I would have to download it again until it finally installs. This mostly happens when it’s in a RAR file. And this started happening when this problem accrued. My comp usually restarts or freezes when im doing 2 things at once like listening to music while surfing the web. And of course I get a blue screen of death. Here is what it says:

“A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. The problem seems to be caused by the following file: win32k.sys

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

If this is the first time you’ve seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware of software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.
If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. IF you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restarts your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup options, and select Safe Mode.

Technical information:
*** STOP: 0x00000050 (0xC177ED14, 0x00000000, 0xBF87517A, 0x00000000)
*** win32k.sys – Adress BF87517A base at BF800000, Datestamp 45f0146f

Beginning dump of physical memory
Physical memory dump complete.
Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance.”

The technical information isn’t always the same, I just wrote down the one that gives out the most information. I get this screen about 70 times a day, and yes im starting to go crazy because of that. So please tell me what could be causing it or how I could find out what is causing it, and how I could fix it?
(BTW im running Windows XP sp2, P4 CPU 3.00 GHz, 1.50 GB of ram)

That is one of those errors that defies pinpointing.

The fixes are as disparate as the numbers of people getting the error.

Recommended:

Run memtest86 for 10 passes

Run MS$'s memory checker also

Remove ram and clean ram contacts

Clean computer and heat sinks and psu of dust bunnies etc

Check psu voltage levels (Everest Free is useful)

Uninstall and reinstall video drivers

Synch ram

Don't overclock (set to standard settings)

gl

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back