Compaq 2000 PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
The PSU in my Compaq 2000 has suddenly decided it needs the power on switch permanently depressed if it is to supply power to the machine. I use the old faithful as a File & Print Server and Mail gateway on my home network running NT4 server.
(I risked running it for 30 minutes with the switch leads jumpered together whilst I brought my backups fully up to date - and had no problems).
Replacing the PSU is probably not a cost effective solution. Appreciate that there is a PSU fault - but can I safely run it with the power on leads permanently switched on?

I don't think that it would be a good idea to leave it on with the power buttom pushed in.. the only think to do, is take oput the power supply *if its the kind that im guessing* then its propritary, it has the 2 white wires comming out of the power supply and hooked directly up to the power switch. i'd take a look at the switch if i were you, they can come off quite easily, but if not.. the only safe way is to order a new power supply from compaq.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back