Compaq NC8000 won't start

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a compaq NC8000 that will not start. I push the power button and it starts up for a couple of seconds and then shuts down. Not even anything on the display. I've tried the things below but to no avail. Please help

reseated the memory card and moved to another slot
check LCD connections both on motherboard and took the display off and checked the connections on the display itself.

removed wireless card, bluetooth and modem card

tried with and without battery in

took out all external components ie DVD, HD, memory stick, battery

at a lost, any suggestions?

It sounds like a bad power supply... Check all the capictors on the motherboard. What you want to look for are domed tops or corrosion. If you see this more than likely it is dead. I think that the PS is most likely the prob.
Good luck

the power supply is not bad, have a friend with the exact laptop and used his. I don't know what a mini-PCI POST card is but will do some research. Thanks for the quick replies and hope someone else has the same issues.

sorry, but it seems, that you can't repair it by yourself. at least, try to insert another memory module and check if the laptop will start.

same computer - same problem

I have the exact same computer with the exact same problem. It starts booting and then just shuts down. I was able to get it to the Windows screen where you can select Safe Mode once by hitting some buttons during boot up, but was never able to get back there again.

Wondering if you have had any luck fixing it?

rboer1 said:
I have the exact same computer with the exact same problem. It starts booting and then just shuts down. I was able to get it to the Windows screen where you can select Safe Mode once by hitting some buttons during boot up, but was never able to get back there again.

Wondering if you have had any luck fixing it?

i have 2 same laptops. i solve this problem by reboling chipset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back