Compaq Presario 5000NX freezing, rebooting etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok heres the deal. Im stumped. I have a Compaq Presario 5000NX. It has been acting up lately freezing and so forth. I decide to reformat and seems to be a simple solution, BUTTTT when I tried to do that.... It will reboot randomly and gives me the blue screen of death.. dumping physical memory blah blah blah... Any advice?? Ram? Mo Bo??

Edit: Please use proper thread titles from now on. Thanks.

Post computer specs IshamJustin

Also like Pioneerx said, Did you put in any new hardware such as Videocards, RAM, CPU or something like that?

Nope. I havent put anything new in there. Everything in the computer came as is. Im leaning towards a mother board. I took the hard drive and put it in my other pc and it formated perfectly. Its a compaq presario 5000NX. I dont know a whole lot about it, but I was doing it for a friend and then it went horrible. The hard drive is now formated with xp and all but when i go to boot up the computer nothing happens.

can you go to safe mode (F8)?

As I underestand it you want to reinstall the whole machine (entire operating system (os)) put the Windows CD inside the mastrer drive and start the computer. Follow the instructions...

Skype me if you can

well go to bios and sed up you cd device to boot as first and then try again.

and just to check, b4 you do that try to unplug your master HDD and tell me what your PC does or sais when you start it without HDD

oh s**t,
Maybe it is blank try that, or the administrator password?, or your account password?
If not reinstall our bios on your mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back