Compaq Presario SR1135CL no post beeps after cleaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonecollector1

HI Everyone i need some help with this problem I have a Compaq Presario SR1135CL that im working on. The only problem was that the computer was running slow so i decided that i take the computer apart since i noticed alot of dirt was in the computer itself. When i put it back together i noticed that the Compaq Logo came up and stop and would go no futher so i boot down the computer and power it up again but this time i only noticed the cpu fans running and i don't even get a post beep or display on the screen at all. What do you think is the problem?

I took the memory out - still no beep
I switched the VGA card- still no beep
I reseated the processor chip and heat sink -still no beep
I put a different PSU in the computer - still no beep

The fans just keep running without any post beep,display and bios
What do you think is the problem here? Can anyone help me please

Perhaps you have shorted something - I once trashed a board by vacuuming with a metal (I know I know) suck pipe with the thing running - it stopped and never worked again.
Otherwise, take off all the connections including the power and replace them. Also take off all the front panel connections and leave them off.
Disconnect all driver and cards.
Replace the RAM
Reboot by shorting the front panel connection pins - no beep = dead board. Compaq used to use 2 beeps for good POST = 2 beeps is good. Reconnect and replace one piece at a time until you find what stopped it.
Best of luck.

thanks it's dead i have shortened it out. It's a A7V8X-LA(KELUT) Socket 462 (Socket)A motherboard. What motherboard would be good to repalce the burnt out one. anyone please

where are you - I don't want to recommend a board from somewhere if you cannot buy it! Please at least add your country to your profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back