TechSpot

Compaq, Presario V 6000 troubles.

By l4pt0p
Jul 5, 2007
  1. Hello, I just got a brand new laptop around the beginning of june. I started playing it and it was fine for about 3 weeks. Then it started to be really dum. I would be playing a game. Or it will be loading the startup screen and it will just turn off. With no warning or anything. I can just here it making a sound that sounds like if i were to be holding the power button down. And I dont want to take it back right away unless I am 100% sure its not a virus. I'm 'running a scan on it right now. Im typing this message on my other toshiba laptop. Please help me. Thanks.

Post edited by, L4pt0p: Ok it is still scanning but it has found one sucurity risk. I resolved it so hopefully that is it!

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,911   +167

Take it back for warranty service... Don't be foolish. I'm sure you paid a lot for it

3. Jandro

Jandro TS Rookie Posts: 21

I have a v2000 and i was having the same problem when i first got it and i figured out that it was becuase i was using it on my lap for long periods of time and it started over heating while i was playing games or something..once i put it on a desk i never had the problem again. just make sure to not let it get to hot is my suggestion.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.