Compaq proliant 5000 server

Status
Not open for further replies.
i need help if any one can help me i picked up a compaq proliant server 5000 it wont turn on it lights up for a sec then shuts down it wont even let me get it into safe mode to re format it im not sure what to do to get it to turn on and stay on so i can change the boot sequence to boot from the CD room can some one please help me thanx

Looks like there is a PSU overload.. Maybe a short somewhere or the PSU is dying.

Try disconnecting all "extra" peripherals and boot with only CPU, RAM, video connected.

last night i unpluged every thing and cleaned all the connections also it has 3 removable hard drives i put them in ever order i could thing of it turns on for a few min and goes through it's process and brings the hard drives on line one at a time it almost let me hit f2 to get into the setup but i didnt catch it in time now all it does is turn on for a sec and turn off then every once and a while it will light all up and it's verry loude when the hard drives come on line what periherals do you mean to unplug like tell me what i should unhook? and try i really want to get this thing up and runing but i cant get into the boot sequence to get it to boot from the CD room any way what should i do??

Unplug everything, leave only CPU, RAM and video. If it still acts weird, then it is most likely either a bad PSU or a bad motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back