Compare USB Cable Vs. DB9 cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhavilu2

I need help with two cables: I use serial port and USB port for faster connection to my pc for signature pad in a pharmacy... Is there any difference in speed or interference of this two cable and which ones are more useful over the other...pls help\

cheers

cable

Sorry about late reply, I wanted to know which cable, that is, serial or USB. Also i wanted to understand difference between USB 1.0 and 2.0 - mostly for speed and distance.
I plan to use USB 2.0 / gold plated for higher speed - want to use about 15 feet of extention cable with existing USB cable...I am not sure if i have USB 1.0 or 2.0 cable that came with signature pad. As a result, i was concerned about compatibility since signature pad sometimes fails to recognize network connectivity due to USB extention cable being 1.0 or 2.0; therefore, i was wondring if i should use USB or serial...

Hope i am clear in what i should be asking...
I hope some one can help.

cheers

I think any USB cable will work for any version of USB as long as you have it correct as far as type A or B. Check out Wikipedia's article on USB (link in Rick's post). Low speed is 1.5Mbit/s, full speed is 12Mbit/s, and high speed is 480Mbit/s.
Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back