Comparing Team Communication Apps: What Do You Get for Free?

I'm sorry I don't see it, and I don't get it by either reading about them nor looking at the videos that don't really tell you anything about the services and how they achieve what they are selling.

What can I do with this that I can't do with a shared folder in, I don't know, dropbox, and having everyone on skype? Ok, integration: How about Google drive and hangouts groups, and/or google space?

Again, I might be wrong but without knowing what this is about besides "Team communication" at the title, reading it a couple of times and looking at the videos... I don't get the idea of the article nor what companies are providing (And I'm in the Sharepoint world, so I like to think I know a little about team communication).

For some reason I can't go into forum mode to edit my last post:

Because messaging is such a broad category, we're going to focus on software that facilitates team communication and within this group, the free to use options. In short, this app roundup is for startups, small businesses, and anyone looking to optimize team communication without spending any money.
Ok I gave it a third chance and I think the problem is that you don't define team communication, you say communication and the first thing that pops in my head is hangouts, skype, facebook messenger, whatsapp. Then the second problem is I read about the companies and...:
Slack is the heavy hitter of the group with a valuation of over $3 billion. Their main clients are big companies that used to rely on the previous generation of SaaS solutions from Oracle and others. That said, Slack is very polished and great for any team regardless of their size.
Ok, and what does it do?? You left me at square 1, and I'm not quoting the rest of the text but it says nothing, then the video talks about yeah, lets communicate, but how, why, what?

I'm surprised Cisco Spark didn't make the list. It's free and offers guest access, mobile and desktop apps, and video calls for up to 4 participants. It's also fully supported by Cisco.

Slack is good but you can only see last 10k messages in free version. We hit this limit in around 3 weeks when we tested Slack.

Cisco Spark was missing from this list, it's now been added. Thank you @Kristof

Ok, and what does it do??

Keywords in the intro: Team communication and messaging, workgroup collaboration, free to use options. :)

In short, these are chat/audio/video call platforms for work groups within companies. They can be as small as 2-5 people or be used in corporations with hundreds of employees who get access to certain chats/groups depending on the project they are working on.

The idea is that all communication (chat, images, files sent) is centralized, async, backed in the cloud, cross-platform, permissions can be managed to different users, and so on.

The idea is that all communication (chat, images, files sent) is centralized, async, backed in the cloud, cross-platform, permissions can be managed to different users, and so on.
I think this is the main part that was skipped, that believe it or not is not mentioned once not in the article, not in the description of the services nor companies, not even in the videos.

Back