Complete failure help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all I am new to the forums so stay with me.

Ok here is the problem,
About a week ago I started to get the WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM files are missing or corrupt so I looked all over the internet to find a solution. Nothing came close to my problem like at the windows main website at the recovery console it never asked for the admin password so I get Access is Denied.

So I tried to start off with a clean install of Windows Xp and when I do it can't find my hard drive.... Only my external drive.

Sooo I called it quits on that hard drive and bought a brand new WD Caviar Green 500 GB drive. Once I installed that drive physically and turned my PC on, nothing just a blank black screen.

So I thought instantly to boot from the CD that came with the drive and nothing, my computer goes blank restarts etc etc...

So if any help would be great

System specs: (all that I can remember)

Windows XP pro
Nvidia 7585 (something like that)
1.5 GB of RAM

"Once I installed that drive physically..."

Does the motherboards bios detect the new drive? Do you have the bios set to boot from the CD/DVD first?

I think it detects the drive because when I use the Boot device menu it shows the Onboard SATA drive and I only have the one hard drive pluged in.
And yes I changed the BIOs but when I try to start up with the CD/DVD my PC keeps rebooting.

You have probably got a hardware failure... Have you tried resetting the bios to failsafe defaults?

Get into the bios and look at the bottom of the screen. It will be done with one of the "F" keys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back